Competitive with benefits
23 January 2019 6pm
To oversee, develop and deliver on all operational aspects relating to rugby development, the national and age group rugby teams( both men’s and women’s ), talent identification program, rugby business, finance, human resources and administration that reflect best practice and are run in such a fashion that represents the vision and ethos of Singapore Rugby Union.
- Provide leadership to the SRU staff to popularize the game of rugby in Singapore and raise our playing standards and numbers.
- To develop a Strategic Plan (Multi Year Sports Plan) including formulation, development and implementation of SRU Policies and Strategies
- Manage all areas including budgets, staff work programs and implementation of activities in line with the Multi Year Sports Plan and the development of KPIs for the various staff members
- Working hand in hand with the Technical Director of rugby to:
- enhance the Rugby Development and High Performance programs within the SRU. The main target for this year is to perform well at the SEA GAMES, as well as ARFU tournaments and also to ensure that there are enough quality matches for our various National Teams
- improve Coaches’ Education and implement a Mentoring Program to nurture the next generation of coaches
- develop and implement strategies to increase rugby participation and enhance the level of rugby, including getting more schools to play rugby, and the running of all youth and development competition
- Liaise with Sport Singapore to ensure adequate and regular amounts of annual funding
- Liaise with World Rugby to ensure SRU receives its share of World Rugby’s Development Grant
• Manage the Business Manager to support the existing Sponsors and ensuring sponsorship criteria are fulfilled
• Work closely with the Business Manager to ensure good relations are maintained with the media and rugby is presented in a positive manner.
- Develop a yearly budget for the SRU and to present it to the MC for approval
• Responsible for the discipline, career development and productivity of all staff members
- Liaise with the Singapore Society of Rugby Union Referees (SSRUR) to grow the number of referees in Singapore and enhance their level of competence
- Work closely with the MC and all relevant stakeholders of rugby to bring major Rugby events to Singapore to increase the revenue, profile of SRU and leverage on the major events to improve our players development program.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the MC, President, Secretary and Treasurer as and when the needs arise.
The GM reports to the MC and where appropriate, specific office bearers such as the President, Secretary and Treasurer.
The successful individual should have broad experience of the key requirements below from relevant prior employment or experience:
- Degree in Sport Management and Administration or equivalent
- Strong event delivery experience of large, complex international events with first class organizational skills and an attention to detail
- Ability to cope with fluctuating workloads and significant periods of pressure at certain times of the year – Ability to work with people from a wide range of cultures and backgrounds combined with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the local rugby scene
- Commercially astute with a good understanding of financial procedures
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Experience of managing budgets in excess of $3 million
- Insightful understanding of sporting organizations and key senior stakeholder management
Interested applicants to submit CV to email@example.com by 23 January 2019 6pm