REPORTING TO: Direct reporting line will be to the SRU’s Head of Commercial. Performance appraisals will be done in consultation with the General Manager and the Marketing Commission.
- The role of the Communications Executive is to integrate and manage a combined PR and communications strategy across key stakeholders for the Singapore Rugby Union.
- Stakeholder management should be co-ordinated through established working groups and keeping key parties engaged and updated through a robust communications plan.
- The successful candidate will also be required to track progress and conduct project reporting when required.
- The Executive will ensure projects are integrated across all stakeholders to ensure that a common approach to informing and engaging the rugby community through social media channels, website content, email marketing as well as through offline activities.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of the communications strategy, working with and managing stakeholders, external partners and agencies to provide proactive and reactive communications, locally, regionally and internationally.
- Contribute as a member of the commercial team and assist in the understanding and delivery of commercial and marketing strategies across the wider organisation.
- Management of media relations to include but no limited to media briefings; TV and radio interviews.
- Creation of media releases, web content and editorial content.
- To ensure the Singapore Rugby Union protects and enhances its reputation, through understanding and being understood by stakeholders and key audiences including the media and government.
- Develop and manage an annual communications plan of activity that brings together all elements of the Singapore Rugby Union platforms incorporating content and media.
- Develop and implement media content plans (across all platforms) to build knowledge and awareness of the key messages and pillars of the Singapore Rugby Union.
- Develop strong relationships with all key media, including local and regional to maximise coverage and awareness of the Singapore Rugby Union and its associated programme
- Ensuring delivery across Singapore Rugby Union’s digital applications, including website and social media platforms, and the provision of high quality
- Develop strong relationships with players to be able to provide sound media advice for all media appearances
- Media management at events, launches, community functions and other functions where media are invited by the Singapore Rugby Union
- Develop issues management plans for key stakeholders and spokespeople
- Responsible for delivering the digital and social media strategy, working with and managing stakeholders, external partner and agencies to deliver engaging and informative content
- Development of a website strategy across the organisation including creation and implementation of the website content
- Responsible for the management and development of Singapore Rugby Union’s digital channels
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with Directors, team management and corporate staff, external agencies and stakeholders
- Analysing potential strategic partner relationships for company marketing.
- Working with senior management to maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Qualifications & Experience
- Business related degree or diploma e.g. Marketing, Media, Communications.
- 1-2 years’ experience in media relations management and/or agency work
- Proven ability to lead and deliver media management programmes.
- Excellent understanding of social media.
- Solid understanding of sports media environment.
- Good working knowledge of rugby is preferable.
Skills & Personal Attributes
- Excellent ability to build solid working relationships.
- Strong team player
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Communication skills.
- Project management.
- Crisis management.
- Influencing skills
Interested applicants to submit CV’s with relevant certificates to email@example.com