Level 2 Immediate Care in Rugby (ICIR) (2 Day Course)
With rugby evolving into a more global sport, the physical and mental demands of the game also increases significantly. While catastrophic and life or limb threatening injuries are not common in rugby, it is essential when they do occur that the attending personnel are appropriately prepared and trained for such incidents.
The Level 2 ICIR course is a Rugby Medical course certified by World Rugby. It is a 2-day course aimed at introducing the skills and equipment required to facilitate the delivery of immediate care to our athletes who may suffer a time critical life or limb threatening injury or medical condition.
Candidates will experience training in a positive, practical learning environment delivered by a diverse and experienced faculty from the fields of pre-hospital care, emergency medicine and sports and exercise medicine.
Candidates will be assessed to ensure that knowledge and skills have been adequately and confidently gained. In order for them to be able to deliver immediate care, post course.
Dates for 2018
- 25th -26th May 2018 (Fri-Sat) (Full with a waiting List)
- 19th – 20th Oct 2018 (Fri-Sat) (TBC)
- Completed The L1 FAIR course
- Healthcare Professional: ie. Doctor, Physio, Nurse, Paramedic
- Complete the online WR modules prior to the course ( information available for download below)
There are a limited number of places available – participants will be accepted in order of receipt of the registration form with payment.
The cost of the L2 course will be SGD$750. This includes:
- Lunch on course days.
- World Rugby-endorsed certificate for successful candidates.
- NRC Recognised CPR + AED certificate
- Course fees must be paid before the commencement of the course.
- Participants who have not completed payment will not be allowed on the course.
Click the link below to download the application form.