Terms of Employment: Contract (1 Year)
Salary: SGD$ 3000/ month
ABOUT THE POSITION
The role of the Rugby Development Officer (Youth Rugby) is primarily to oversee the development of rugby between the ages of 16yrs to 23yrs. The RDO will have to ensure coaches in this category have the adequate training and education and knowledge to adequately administer the national curriculum.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Key point of contact to oversee Rugby Development for:
a) Grassroots Development –Women’s, Schools, Tertiary (U16-U23)
b) Key Link to Clubs for Players & Coaches
In charge of designing and implementing Rugby Programmes as agreed with TD for the various age groups. This includes:
a) Developing an aligned annual development & competitions calendar
b) Coaching clinics for stakeholders (players)
c) 7s & 15s Tournaments (Planning, Implementation & Reporting)
d) Talent Identification for SRU National Teams (U16 – U23)
- Training & Education (T&E)
a) RDO to conduct up to 8 X T&E Sessions/year for Coaches/Teachers/Volunteers
*SRU to provide training for this
All stakeholders involved with programmes
a) Technical Director, cc General Manager & Rugby Development Commission
b) Frequency: Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly & Annual
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Licensed World Rugby Educator preferred
- Tertiary education preferred
- World Rugby Level 2 accreditation or equivalent, NCAP L2, 1st Aid SFA recognised.
- 5 years coaching experience at U23 level (Club/School)
- Broad base of Rugby Knowledge (Development Programmes, Calendars, Tournaments, Logistics)
SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent ability to build solid working relationships.
- Strong team player
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of EQ
- Good IT & Communication skills.
- Project management.
- Crisis management.
- Influencing skills
- Presentation Skills
- Organisational Skills
- Class 3 driving licence with vehicle
Kindly send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date of application is 29th December 2017. Interviews will be conducted in January 2018. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.