Terms of Employment: Full time with benefits
Salary: SGD$ 2200 – $2700 / month
ABOUT THE POSITION
The role of the PR and Communications Executive is to integrate and manage a combined PR and communications strategy across key stakeholders for the Singapore Rugby Union.
Stakeholder management should be co-ordinated through established working groups and keeping key parties engaged and updated through a robust communications plan.
The successful candidate will also be required to track progress and conduct project reporting when required.
The Executive will ensure projects are integrated across all stakeholders to ensure that a common approach to informing and engaging the rugby community through social media channels, website content, email marketing as well as through offline activities.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Responsible for the development and delivery of the communications strategy, working with and managing stakeholders, external partners and agencies to provide proactive and reactive communications, locally, regionally and internationally.
- Management of media relations to include but no limited to media briefings; TV and radio interviews.
- Creation of media releases, web content and editorial content.
- To ensure the Singapore Rugby Union protects and enhances its reputation, through understanding and being understood by stakeholders and key audiences including the media and government.
- Develop and manage an annual communications plan of activity that brings together all elements of the Singapore Rugby Union platforms incorporating content and media.
- Develop and implement media content plans (across all platforms) to build knowledge and awareness of the key messages and pillars of the Singapore Rugby Union.
- Develop strong relationships with all key media, including local and regional to maximise coverage and awareness of the Singapore Rugby Union and its associated programmes
- Ensuring delivery across Singapore Rugby Union’s digital applications, including website and social media platforms, and the provision of high quality content
- Offer expertise to the President, General Manager and other spokespeople on media liaison
- Develop strong relationships with players to be able to provide sound media advice for all media appearances
- Media management at events, launches, community functions and other functions where media are invited by the Singapore Rugby Union
- Develop issues management plans for key stakeholders and spokespeople
- Responsible for delivering the digital and social media strategy, working with and managing stakeholders, external partner and agencies to deliver engaging and informative content
- Development of a website strategy across the organisation including creation and implementation of the website content
- Responsible for the management and development of Singapore Rugby Union’s digital channels
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with Directors, team management and corporate staff, external agencies and stakeholders
- Contribute as a member of the commercial team and assist in the understanding and delivery of commercial and marketing strategies across the wider organisation.
- Analysing potential strategic partner relationships for company marketing.
- Working with senior management to maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
Qualifications & Experience
- Business related degree or diploma e.g. Marketing, Media, Communications.
- 1-2 years’ experience in media relations management and/or agency work
- Proven ability to lead and deliver media management programmes.
- Excellent understanding of social media.
- Solid understanding of sports media environment.
- Good working knowledge of rugby is preferable.
Skills & Personal Attributes
- Excellent ability to build solid working relationships.
- Strong team player
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Communication skills.
- Project management.
- Crisis management.
- Influencing skills
Kindly send your resume to email@example.com. Closing date of application is 22nd December 2017. Interviews will be conducted in January 2018. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.