Head Coach, Singapore Rugby Union
31 JUL 2019
- Establish a team vision and team values, standards and protocols that fit within the goals of Singapore Rugby.
- Ensure there is a shared understanding and adoption of the team vision, values, standards and protocols by all
team and team management members
- Create a strong winning culture and inclusive training environment for all National Teams
- Coaching of high priority National Teams (women’s 7s, Men’s 7s, Men’s 15s)
- Establishing coaching team to assist in coaching of high priority National Teams and managing coaching teams
for the other National Teams (u20 Men’s 7s, u20 Women’s 7s, u19 Men’s 15s, Women’s 15s)
- Establishing continued professional development (CPD) for rugby development officers, coaches & match
- Oversee training & education for coaches & match officials.
- Prepare a comprehensive selection plan, and a periodised coaching programme for the team, with input as
necessary from Team Management and Singapore Rugby as appropriate and/or required
- Fully utilise all available technologies to analyse, understand and develop individuals
- Remain up to date with modern game development, including new laws and their impact on the game.
- Prior to programme commencement, provide the Rugby Development and Competitions Departments with a
clear statement of coaching philosophy, vision and goals for team and update this following selection of final
squad to include team profile, game plan, patterns of play
- Oversee Club Rugby standards through club coaches
Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Assist SRU in developing a multi-year sport plan in accordance to requirements of sport Singapore.
- Identifying and monitoring of players that are in contention for National Teams in accordance with the
selection policies, protocols and process as determined and advised by Singapore Rugby
- Identifying gaps in positions and push requirements to Rugby Development to further develop and
- Assist Rugby Development to develop individual players for the betterment of Singapore Rugby
- Liaising with the major stakeholders of the sru such as Sport Singapore, Asia Rugby, World Rugby and the
local clubs in Singapore on matters relating to high performance rugby.
- Liaising with international unions and clubs on the development programme between SRU and the
international unions and clubs in accordance with the rugby partnership accords signed with SRU.
- Liaising with SRU head of medical on matters on high performance rugby.
- Any other tasks and duties relevant to your appointment that may be assigned by the management
committee and/or the general manager of the sru from time to time.
- Experience at coaching in a professional environment (must be able to coach both 7s and 15s)
- Experience at talent identification at grassroots levels and identifying players, developing chart
- Experience in working with clubs as feeders National or Provincial Teams
- Evidence of recently upgraded accreditation, recent attendance at coaching workshops or evidence of other
forms of self-education that displays currency as a coach who continues to seek further development
- Experience at managing assistant coaches and working cooperatively with team managers, strength and
conditioning coaches, team medical staff and performance analysis personnel
- Evidence of understanding of current best practice and a history of performing best practice (preferably
recent best practice) as it applies to rugby coaching;
- Demonstrated evidence of an ability to understand, support and implement development plans
- Demonstrated evidence of being able to influence others including an ability to build good relationships
with others who may not be receptive to change
- A background that displays people management and people leadership skills and attributes, and the ability
to assist in growing rugby from the base and up in Singapore
Direct reporting line will be to the SRU’s General Manager.
Performance appraisals will be done in consultation with the President, the Honorary Secretary and the National Teams Commission.
Interested applicants to submit coaching CV’s with relevant certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 JULY 2019