Community Engagement Manager
Contract: 2 years fixed term
4 Oct 2019
Deliver the Union’s goals in ensuring that the player pathway is actively promoted and supported through collaborating with clubs and schools to drive registration campaigns. To support clubs and external organizations in delivery of rugby products and programs to both boys and girls in Singapore within primary, secondary and tertiary schools. Manage integrated relationships with schools and clubs to promote seamless transition of participation.
Rugby Participation across Schools and Clubs
- Develop links between senior clubs, junior clubs, schools and coaches
- Collect participation data and information across schools, clubs and age groups to identify key focus areas for retention and growth.
- Ensure the delivery of the player and coach registration process.
- Facilitate relationships and act as the catalyst between clubs and schools to ensure a seamless transition for players to progress between school and club rugby.
- Assist in the development of school and club competitions that will provide inclusive, competitive, safe and enjoyable rugby experiences.
- On a case by case basis, assist in establishing successful and thriving rugby programmes that cater to the school or club participant needs.
- Deliver specific rugby skills sessions.
- Recruit and educate appropriate Resource Coaches to assist with delivering specific programmes.
- Promote opportunities for school and club coaches’ development.
- Implement and facilitate the delivery of courses and upskilling sessions
- Align coach development opportunities with existing player development sessions.
Maintain Relationships with:
- SRU Rugby Development Commission, Competitions Commission and National Team Coach
- Domestic School and Tertiary Institution Rugby Committees (MOE, ACSIS, POLITE, SUNIG, etc.)
- All Domestic Junior & Senior Clubs
- World Rugby Get Into Rugby (GIR) Program Director
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 12 months experience working within a Rugby Development discipline.
- Excellent IT skills, specifically Microsoft Office and Google Products.
- An understanding of the club and school rugby environment in Singapore.
- An understanding of the needs of coaches within the community environment.
- Experience in project and event management
- Experience of working with children.
- Able to work to serve the best interests of the Union without external influences. (School coaching, etc.)
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and energetic approach
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
Interested applicants to submit CV’s with relevant certificates to email@example.com by Fri 4th October 2019