Community Engagement Co-ordinator
16 Dec 2021
- Deliver the Union’s goals in ensuring that the player development pathway is actively promoted and supported through collaboration with clubs and schools to drive registration campaigns
- To support clubs and external organizations in the delivery of rugby products and programmes for boys and girls in Singapore within the school system from primary schools to tertiary institutions
- Promote seamless transition of player development pathway through integrated relationships between schools / engagement programmes and clubs
Rugby Participation across Schools / Engagement Programmes and Clubs
- Develop links between senior clubs, junior clubs, schools and coaches
- Collect participation data and information across schools, clubs and age groups to identify key focus areas for retention and growth.
- Ensure the delivery of the player and coach registration process.
- Facilitate relationships and act as the catalyst between clubs and schools / programmes to ensure a seamless transition for players to progress from schools / engagement programmes to club rugby programmes.
- Assist in the development of school and club competitions that will provide inclusive, competitive, safe and enjoyable rugby experiences.
- On a case by case basis, assist in establishing successful and thriving rugby programmes that cater to the school or club participants’ development.
- Deliver specific rugby skills sessions.
- Promote opportunities for school and club coaches’ development.
- Implement and facilitate the delivery of courses and upskilling sessions
- Recruit and educate appropriate resource coaches to assist with delivering specific programmes.
- Align coach development opportunities with existing player development sessions.
Build Relationships with:
- SRU Rugby Development Commission, Competitions Commission and National Team Coach
- Domestic School and Tertiary Institution Rugby Committees (MOE, ACSIS, POLITE, SUNIG, etc.)
- All Domestic Junior & Senior Clubs
- World Rugby Get Into Rugby (GIR) Program Director
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 1 year experience working in sport development.
- Excellent IT skills, specifically Microsoft Office and Google Products.
- An understanding of the clubs and school rugby environment in Singapore.
- An understanding of the needs of coaches within the community environment.
- Experience in project and event management
- Able to strategise and implement programme towards the long term player development pathway
- Able to work to serve the best interests of the Union
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and energetic approach
Interested applicants to submit CV’s with relevant certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16 December 2021