- In consultation with the Director of Rugby and SSRUR, formulate strategies to improve standards and enhance the standing of referees in Singapore, in ARFU and beyond.
- In consultation with the Director of Rugby and SSRUR, develop and implement a comprehensive referee recruitment strategy which targets youth and the involvement of women as referees.
- To review all current referee practices with Director of Rugby and SSRUR and design and implement strategies for their improvement.
- Work closely with the Academy, national teams and development groups to enhance all aspects of Rugby in Singapore.
- To run an effective appointment system for referees and referee coaches to games across all Rugby competitions supported by the SRU.
- Manage SRU Rugby Referees in terms of their Education, development and career pathway by coaching them to ensure that they remain motivated and enjoy the refereeing experience.
- In consultation with the Director of Rugby and SSRUR to develop and implement a referee Education program, based primarily round the IRB referee courses but, ideally supported by locally developed tutorial and workshop courses.
- Liaise with the major SRU stakeholders, such as the SportSG, PESEB, the playing clubs, the Asian Rugby Football Union (ARFU) and the International Rugby Board (IRB) on any matters pertaining to refereeing and rugby law changes and their implementation.
- Manage all Competition and Discipline Regulations.
- Implementation of new initiatives to further develop the game of rugby and rugby referees
- Any other duties as required.
Standard Chartered National Rugby Academy and Singapore Rugby Union have been conducting Scrum Clinics for the Polytechnic and ITE institutions over the past few weeks; in preparation for the POL-ITE Games in late October.